Codes and Permits
Know your state, city, or county's codes and requirements.
Check with your state, country, or city offices to find out:
- What permits you'll need to build your deck
- What your building code requirements are
If you have a Home Owners Association (HOA),
- know their rules on decking size, color, product type or design, if any
- refer to the manual you might have received when you first moved in
Figure out where do your underground utility lines run.
- Check with your local utilities companies before you dig
- Call the North American One-Call Referral System at (888) 258-0808