“Green” has always been a way of life for Trex. Industry experts commonly regard Trex as the environmentally sound choice for decking, railing and other outdoor living products. As a proud member of the U.S. Green Buliding Council, we’re continually working to improve the American way of life.
Trex has received numerous environmental awards, including:
- Washingtonian magazine’s 2013 Green Award honored Trex for working to improve the environment and encourage eco-friendly living
- Green Builder Media’s 2013 Reader’s Choice
Awards names Trex first in eco-friendliness.
More than 40% of readers who voted selected Trex
decking as the “greenest” in the industry
- The Governor of Virginia's Environmental Award
for "impressive tonnage of recycled grocery
bags and pallet wrap kept out landfills"
- Connecticut College's Inherit the Earth Gold
Medal for "demonstrating that business can be
profitable, while meeting the needs of
- The Governor of Virginia's Environmental
Excellence First-place Award for "Outstanding
Environmental Projects" (twice received)
- The "Excellence in Plastics Recycling"
award from the Society of Plastic
Engineers Recycling Division
- Trex is the first company in the
wood-alternative decking industry to
receive an International Code Council
Evaluation Service® (ICC-ES)* SAVE
Verification for Recycled Content. This
independent third party verification
confirms that, with a minimum of 95.4%
recycled content, Trex composite products
really are as green as it gets.
(Excludes Trex Escapes®)