NO TREES ARE CUT DOWN for the purpose of making Trex.
Our wood comes from:
- Reclaimed wood
from wood working
(200 million lbs.
Trex keeps some 400 million pounds of plastic and wood scrap out of landfills every year.
Our manufacturing process is as green as our final product.
- Trex trailers used to transport
wood dust utilize vegetable-
based oil hydraulics
- Our proprietary processing
method eliminates smokestacks
- Factory run-off/refuse is
recycled back into the
Trex is one of the largest plastic bag recyclers in the U.S.
- 3.1 billion recycled grocery bags were collected for use to manufacture Trex products in 2010.
Trex gets a little "green" help from friends.
- We regularly seek out third-party
audits to make sure we're
continuously improving our green
practices while meeting all
environmental, health and safety
guidelines and regulations.