Below is an outline of the steps involved with filing a claim. When you’re ready to get started please click the button below to Start a Claim.
Our customers are very important to us. We take a great deal of pride in our brand name and strive to achieve the expectations of our customers.
- Initial Review: Your claim will be reviewed for proper documentation and assigned to a Claims Representative.
- Inspection: If an inspection is necessary to obtain further information for your claim, the inspection company will contact you for an appointment.
- Determination Process: The Claims Representative will review all documentation for warrantable issues. You will be contacted by Trex with the determination of your claim.
- Claim Completed: A claim determination letter will be sent once the review process is complete. If your claim is approved, you will receive notification with further details.
- Claim Closed: The claim is complete and closed.
Below you’ll find a list of everything that you’ll need to submit a claim. Once you have everything that’s needed you can click the button below to start your claim. We will accept legible photos of documents, including those taken with mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Does Your Claim Involve Lighting? Yes No
If your claim involves Trex Lighting products, please review the troubleshooting guide below before continuing.
To evaluate potential lighting claims, Trex needs the actual lighting products to be shipped to us (at no cost to you). When you receive your claim number, you will receive shipping information for this. Additionally, please note that a Trex transformer must be used with the lighting components to qualify for the Trex warranty.
If after following the troubleshooting tips you still need to submit a Claim you can do so by clicking the Start a Claim button at the bottom of the page.
- Proof of Purchase (only 1 required)
- Photograph with Trex product identification lot code or end tag
- Invoice from dealer or retailer; or
- Contractor invoice showing Trex product listed
- Minimum of 3 photos showing condition of concern
- Panoramic photo of entire deck
- Date of Installation
- Contractor Information (if applicable)
- Proof of Property Ownership (only 1 required)
- Copy of a property tax bill for the current year
- Copy of the deed
- Copy of the deed or trust
- Copy of a mortgage statement; or
- Copy of a mortgage payment coupon for upcoming month
- Lot Code if available; can be found on the bottom or side edge of board