Widely recognized as the leading eco-friendly choice for decks and deck railings, Trex has always been at the forefront of the green building industry. As a proud member of the U.S. Green Building Council, we’re continually working to improve the way America’s buildings and communities are designed, constructed and operated.
Trex has received numerous environmental awards, including:
- The GAIA Award in the fall of 2014 for our eco-friendly decking. The Middle East's premiere awards program honors sustainable and eco-friendly building products and manufacturers.
- Greenest decking in the industry in the Green Builder Media's 2014 Readers Choice Awards
- The E-3 Green Company Executive Award from Pennsylvania-based Emerald Asset Management for CEO Ron Kaplan’s leadership and commitment to excellence
- Green Builder Media’s 2013 Reader’s Choice Awards, earning more than 40 percent of the vote for the “greenest” decking in the industry
- 2013 Green Award from Washingtonian magazine, which recognizes citizens, companies and organizations in the DC metro area that are working to improve the environment and encourage eco-friendly living
- The Governor of Virginia's Environmental Award for "impressive tonnage of recycled grocery bags and pallet wrap kept out landfill"
- Connecticut College's Inherit the Earth Gold Medal for "demonstrating that business can be profitable, while meeting the needs of environmental sustainability"
- The Governor of Virginia's Environmental Excellence First-Place Award for "Outstanding Environmental Projects" (twice received)
- Winslow Management Company's Green Award for companies that positively contribute to both the environment and their shareholders
- The "Excellence in Plastics Recycling" award from the Society of Plastic Engineers Recycling Division
- Trex is the first company in the wood-alternative decking industry to receive an International Code Council Evaluation Service® (ICC-ES)* SAVE Verification for Recycled Content. This independent third party verification confirms that, with a minimum of 95.4% recycled content, Trex composite products really are as green as it gets