Trex Company Wins Six Awards For Design Excellence
Outdoor Living Leader Honored by Architects and Designers in Prestigious Award Program
WINCHESTER, Va., Feb. 26, 2015 – Trex Company, the world’s largest manufacturer of wood-alternative decking and railing, has won six Awards for Design Excellence (ADEX) from Design Journal – a national program that draws approximately 2,000 entries from more than 500 companies each year.
This recognition comes on the heels of a record-breaking year in sales for Trex, the company’s successful shift to an all high-performance product portfolio and a clean sweep of the recent Builder 2015 Brand Use Study, in which Trex was ranked by building professionals as the brand of choice in all four categories for composite decking – proving that Trex is on top of its game heading into the 2015 outdoor living season.
A perennial ADEX-award winner, Trex captured three 2015 ADEX Platinum Awards for its new Trex Outdoor Lighting™ collection, Trex Aluminum Gates and tropically-inspired “Island Mist” shade of Trex Transcend® decking. In addition, Trex Spiral Stairs™, Trex ADA-Compliant Handrails, and the new “Havana Gold” shade of Trex Transcend were honored with ADEX Gold Awards this year.
“These awards speak to the strength of the Trex brand and reinforce the positive professional and consumer feedback we’ve received for our comprehensive portfolio of high-performance products,” said Ronald W. Kaplan, chairman, president and CEO of Trex. “It’s always rewarding when industry influencers and experts recognize the outstanding performance of Trex products as we strive to elevate the entire outdoor living category through design and manufacturing innovations.”
Following are the 2015 ADEX winners from Trex:
• Trex Outdoor Lighting (Platinum Award) – A complete system of energy-efficient components, Trex Outdoor Lighting is designed to integrate seamlessly with all of Trex’s high-performance outdoor products and provide enhanced ambiance and security to any outdoor living space. Each lighting option surpasses traditional incandescent lighting by using 75 percent less energy and eliminating the worry of voltage drops. In addition, the low-voltage lights are extremely durable, as well as weather-proof and salt-air resistant – ensuring that they will endure the elements for years to come. The lights also are cool to the touch, making them safe for children and pets.
• Trex Aluminum Gates (Platinum Award) – Offering the versatility and performance benefits of Trex railing, the new aluminum gates are designed to complete any deck and railing system while emphasizing the view beyond. Designed to coordinate with the entire Trex railing line, the new gates possess exceptional strength and can be customized to fit nearly any opening up to 48 inches wide. The welded panels with slide-on posts make installation fast and flexible. Trex also offers high-quality adjustable hinges with a premium locking latch. Trex aluminum gates are available in three colors – Charcoal Black, Bronze and Classic White – with a choice of square or round balusters.
• Trex Transcend in Island Mist (Platinum Award) – This calm, silvery shade features realistic streaking that mimics the natural look and feel of aged tropical hardwood, and is designed to be a cooler complement to the other hues of the Trex Transcend collection. Like all Trex Transcend decking options, Island Mist features a combination of superior durability, low-maintenance and eco-friendly qualities. Although Island Mist boasts the beauty of tropical wood, there are no environmental stresses associated with importing endangered hardwoods. In fact, like all Trex wood-alternative products, Trex Transcend decking contains 95 percent recycled content – contributing to the LEED points of any residential or commercial structure.
• Trex ADA-Compliant Handrails (Gold Award) – For projects requiring ADA-compliance, Trex’s newest aluminum handrails not only meet all dimensional requirements, but also provide excellent strength and durability. Available in three colors – Charcoal Black, Bronze and Classic White – the heavy-duty aluminum rails feature a high-quality powder-coated finish that is AAMA-2604 compliant and delivers better fade resistance than many competitive materials.
• Trex Spiral Stairs (Gold Award) – With 12 different customizable options, the understated, contemporary design of Trex Spiral Stairs makes a strong fit for private residences, multi-family housing and commercial settings, while meeting strict code requirements that continue to be enacted in many cities across the U.S. Designed to meld seamlessly with the pre-existing Trex decking and railing systems, the new stair line showcases exclusive options including a lip-up tread design to ensure the space between the risers does not exceed four inches. Furthermore, the line is designed to incorporate various components of Trex Outdoor Lighting, adding both style and safety to its surfaces and surrounding areas.
• Trex Transcend in Havana Gold (Gold Award) – An exotic, warm, golden color, “Havana Gold” mimics the natural look and feel of tropical hardwood with realistic wood-grain patterns and streaking. Like all Trex Transcend decking options, Havana Gold features an unsurpassed combination of superior durability, low-maintenance and eco-friendly qualities.
According to organizers, ADEX is one of the largest and most prestigious awards program that recognizes product design of furniture, fixtures and finishes marketed to the design trade. Products are judged by a panel of professionals representing a cross section of the design industry. The ADEX program is sponsored by Design Journal, the international resource for interior designers, architects and facility managers.
All ADEX-winning Trex products are featured on the Design Journal website at designjournalmag.com.
For more information about Trex products, visit trex.com.
About Trex Company
Trex Company is the world’s largest manufacturer of high performance wood-alternative decking and railing, with more than 20 years of product experience. Stocked in more than 6,700 retail locations worldwide, Trex outdoor living products offer a wide range of style options with fewer ongoing maintenance requirements than wood, as well as a truly environmentally responsible choice. For more information, visit trex.com. You also can follow Trex on Twitter (@Trex_Company), Pinterest (trexcompany), or Houzz (trex-company-inc) “like” Trex on Facebook, or view product and demonstration videos on the brand’s YouTube channel (TheTrexCo).
Contact: Hunter Hackett or Katie Hatcher
L.C. Williams & Associates
800/837-7123 or 312/565-3900
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com