A TrexPro is a professional committed to building quality decks using the Trex family of products. A TrexPro adheres to our installation requirements and program guidelines and adds value to his or her territory while representing Trex as a customer’s best option in every sales call. In return, Trex provides valuable benefits to the TrexPro members such as increased exposure, a profile on trex.com to showcase prior work, generating customer satisfaction surveys, and a warranty program.
How to Become a TrexPro:
Thank you for your interest in the TrexPro program. Getting started in the program is easy. To become a TrexPro:
- Contact Trex at 1-800-BUY-TREX or click here to request a TrexPro application. A Trex sales representative will contact you. You’ll need to provide a state contractor’s license (where applicable) and proof of current general liability insurance to state-required levels.
- Attend an information session held by a Trex sales representative or Trex distributor.
- Build three Trex decks, including one with Trex railing, in accordance with our specifications and have it reviewed by a Trex sales representative.
- Upon successful completion, you will be designated a TrexPro builder. Your company’s information will be listed on trex.com where you will receive exposure to potential clients.
Benefits of Being A TrexPro
Becoming a TrexPro connects you and your company to a highly respected leading brand, and it makes you a member of an elite group of contractors, qualifying you to receive benefits designed to help grow your business.
Visibility and Exposure
Trex spends millions of dollars each year on advertising that generates referrals for TrexPro builders who are promoted in consumer literature, on Trex social sites and at trex.com. A profile page on trex.com gives you the opportunity to showcase your company to interested prospects in your market.
You can also register your customer’s warranty on their behalf right on my.trex.com. Trex sends a Welcome Kit to your customer on your behalf. Included in that kit is a survey your customers can return summarizing their experience with your company. Each TrexPro builds an average “star rating” which is posted in the contractor search section on trex.com. Individual ratings and reviews are posted on your TrexPro profile page.
You also receive complimentary leads and referrals from trex.com and through 1-800-BUY-TREX.
Installation Training and Resources
TrexPro-designated companies must be expertly trained to install our products. Trex helps to make that happen by providing onsite training, literature, videos and training demonstrations.
Trex also provides you access to premium tools for closing more sales, including access to buytrex.com where you can source premium marketing tools to build your brand.
Trex strongly believes in having open lines of communication with TrexPros. We communicate with TrexPros in many ways, including:
- Phone line to customer service representatives who can assist with technical and general questions at 1-800-BUY-TREX.
- Email assistance on our email form.
- Trade Resources section at trex.com.
- Your Trex sales representative.
- Your Trex Contractor Development Manager.
Become a TrexPro Platinum or TrexPro Gold
TrexPro builders can receive designations as TrexPro Platinums and TrexPro Golds by meeting volume thresholds established for their individual markets. At these levels, exposure is increased and marketing funds are awarded that allow you to easily build your brand through our premium co-op marketing program.
TrexPro Platinums are the highest level of recognition available for an independent contractor. TrexPro Golds have achieved advanced product and installation training as well. Both of these groups make up a select group of talented and dedicated professionals experienced with the design and build of Trex products, from the simple to the most complex.