Outdoor Living Leader Opens Doors to Interactive Educational and Training Center
WINCHESTER, Va., March 1, 2016 – Outdoor living has graduated to a new school of thought. The leader in high-performance, low-maintenance outdoor living products is offering a new, hands-on way to experience the Trex® brand through the creation of Trex University. This 10,000-square-foot facility, based near the company’s world headquarters in Winchester, Va., will serve as an educational and training center for visitors – including dealers, distributors and TrexPro® contractors – to learn all about Trex, from its products and materials to its eco-friendly legacy and how the industry leader is Engineering What’s Next in Outdoor Living™.
“As the industry leader, we are continually focused on innovating. Part of that philosophy means rethinking how we talk about and position ourselves with our key stakeholders,” said Jim Cline, president and CEO of Trex. “Trex University captures the Trex story in a way no conference room meeting or slideshow presentation ever could. It is an immersive experience that truly embodies Trex as a company, brand and culture.”
Equipped with interactive touchscreen presentations and museum-style exhibits, Trex University walks visitors through the company’s rich history, from the invention of the world’s first wood-alternative decking product to its impressive domestic growth and global expansion. Dedicated displays within the facility include:
• The Outdoor Experience – Featuring the comprehensive portfolio of Trex products, this massive curved, multi-level outdoor living space is where the entire Trex experience comes together. Showcasing the ultimate “dream deck,” this space includes an outdoor kitchen area and is outfitted with the complete array of Trex products, including Trex Pergola™, RainEscape™, Trex Outdoor Furniture™, Trex Outdoor Storage™, Trex Spiral Stairs™, Trex railing, and decking from all three high-performance decking collections – Trex Select®, Trex Enhance® and Trex Transcend®.
• Product Performance – This hands-on product playground features stations where visitors can touch, feel and install Trex products, from decking and railing to substructure and lighting. Highlighting the low-maintenance of Trex’s high-performance products is a series of interactive quality and durability trials designed to demonstrate the brand’s superior scratch, stain and weather resistance.
• Marketing Insights – This area showcases the research insights and marketing that propel the Trex brand as the undisputed leader in outdoor living. Visitors also can compare Trex products and benefits side-by-side with other decking materials.
• TrexPro Zone –This section features a mini-trailer loaded with product samples, collateral materials, design resources and a Trex CustomCurve® Heating & Bending Solution, to ensure TrexPros are familiar with the entire scope of design possibilities available with Trex products.
• Dealer Support – To showcase the wide range of Trex merchandising and dealer support materials, this section replicates a dealer setting with floor stands, product displays and POS materials that are available to the Trex network of dealers and contractors.
• Meeting Hub – Situated at the center of the Trex University facility is a large meeting space – this strategic positioning allows for a 360-degree view of Trex University exhibits and the ability to easily reference and access select displays as needed during meetings and presentations.
“This facility has truly been a labor of love and reflects everything that Trex stands for – innovation, heritage, leadership, collaboration and community,” added Cline. “We are eager to welcome our first class of students to Trex University and look forward to sharing the Trex story in this new and engaging way.”
Trex University officially opens for private group tours on March 1, 2016. For more information or to schedule a visit, go to www.trex.com.
# # #
About Trex Company
Trex Company is the world’s largest manufacturer of high performance wood-alternative decking and railing, with more than 20 years of product experience. Stocked in more than 6,700 retail locations worldwide, Trex outdoor living products offer a wide range of style options with fewer ongoing maintenance requirements than wood, as well as a truly environmentally responsible choice. For more information, visit trex.com. You also can follow Trex on Twitter (@Trex_Company) or Pinterest (trexcompany), “like” Trex on Facebook, or view product and demonstration videos on the brand’s YouTube channel (TheTrexCo.)
Contact: Hunter Hackett or Alison Bruder
L.C. Williams & Associates
800/837-7123 or 312/565-3900
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org