- Top Rail: Horizontal rail attached to the top of the balusters and the posts.
- Post Cap: Cap topping each post is the decorative finish that also stands the weather.
- Baluster: Vertical rungs – sometimes called spindles – that fill the space between two posts.
- Post Sleeve: Hollow sleeve that fits over a solid, pressure-treated post or post mount.
- Bottom Rail: Horizontal rail attached to the bottom of the balusters and the posts.
- Post Skirt: A finishing piece at the base of the post that covers any cuts where the decking and railing meet. Usually coordinates with the cap.
Build or Resurface?
Deck planning usually goes one of two ways: you have a framework with a little life left in it and only the top boards need a facelift. Or, you’re starting from the grass up and need a completely new deck. Whatever your plans for building a deck, Trex is the perfect solution, with myriad products that out deck wood at every stage.
- Three high-performance decking lines with lots of color and finish options.
- Three coordinating railing lines with all kinds of style, color and material options.
- Click here for more information on deck resurfacing, including before and after photos, videos and steps for how to resurface your deck.