The Cost of a Trex® Deck: Let's Crunch Some Numbers
The estimated material costs for a composite deck run from $11 - $15 per square foot, that's including substructure, decking and fasteners. But only Trex composite decking is worth every cent. That said, the average cost of a Trex deck varies, which is why we built a tool to gather estimates tailored to your deck size, materials, railing options and budget.
Three factors behind deck pricing
Labor and installation account for nearly two-thirds of total costs. We can help you find a builder, or you can do it yourself.
Raw materials could include a substructure, decking, railing, hardware and add-ons. And that's only a portion of the total cost of a deck.
Size and shape make a big difference. Both help determine the materials and labor costs of your deck.
Trex is easy to work with, easy to maintain, and now easier than ever to plan for
Our Trexperts set the record straight on a few myths about composite decking.
Tips and Options
For the Budget conscious
Cut costs, not corners. Here's how to save on your deck build:
- Do it yourself or hire a deck builder in the off-season to save on installation fees
- Opt for straight sections of decking and stairs over more complicated curved designs
- Get more use out of your space with efficient features like outdoor storage sections
- Use creative design tricks, like a mix & match color scheme, to up the style without upping the cost
- Look into Trex financing options to put the luxury deck you want within reach
- Know the benefits of Trex vs. wood
Don't forget to factor in any stylistic additions
These add-ons can take your project to the next level of style and safety.
- Trex Fascia adds beauty to the side of any deck, concealing rough edges and bridging unsightly gaps
- Trex RainEscape helps drain rain and snowmelt, keeping the space below your deck dry and liveable
- Trex Outdoor Lighting can help you step safely and keep the party going long-after the sun goes down
- Trex Outdoor Storage helps keep your deck beautiful and useable by providing out-of-sight storage
- Trex Outdoor Furniture is as comfortable as it is durable with styles to match any taste from traditional to modern
- Trex Pergola can add elegance, charm and a little shade to your outdoor oasis
- Trex LatticeWorks adds a deckside dimension of privacy and utility